Monday, February 8, 2016

Remembered kindness....

Remembered kindness .....

Reading my Facebook page this morning, I found I was "tagged"...so wondered why and what that was...(am new at this, forgive me)...

But, it turned out okay...it was for an "anniversary" casserole I made for a family on moving day NINE years ago...a remembered kindness...

One of the fruit of the Spirit is kindness....
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 

Job 6:14 “Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty. 

Job 10:12 You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit. 

Isaiah 63:7 I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord, the deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us—yes, the many good thingshe has done for Israel,according to his compassion and many kindnesses. 

Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 

I am not writing this to toot my own horn....but it reminded me to remember the kindnesses shown to me by others, through thick and thin days ...flowers, bags of groceries on my table, a hug, a note, prayers around the world,  of encouragement, people who showed up to help me move, grass cutting, a rainbow on "hopeless days"....millions of kindnesses through the years...showing me God's love through Himself and through His people....thanked YOU....to You be the glory...and Praise and Honor....



No comments:

Post a Comment