Saturday, February 13, 2016

Seashells in Panama....

Seashells in Panama....

Today I was walking along the beach in Panama...picking up seashells as I went along...some were stuck in the sand, others wet sitting on top, while others were being washed by the tiny rivulets running  toward the sea...many colors, sizes and shapes...showing the weathering of time and water...

It reminded me of people I know...different colors, personalities, backgrounds, ages, shapes and sizes...each being weathered as well with time, circumstances, to make up the kingdom...
Some are dealing  aging parents, cancer, loss or gain of people around them, wayward children, health issues...weathered...but the structure of God's word and strength is there, smoothing them out, watering, washing them, ....giving them personality all their own...maybe different than they thought life would be, but beautiful in their polishing...

I don't  know what draws me to one shell or another, but i reach  down, choosing one among the millions available ...choosing it from the others..it maybe the color or shape, the weatheredness, ....it just calls...I put it in my bag to take home to remember the beach where is came from...to join others from different parts of the world....

God is allowing weatheredness in me as well..he holds my hand, he has chosen me from among the millions for whatever reason, He loves me...he sends truth to my heart, examines me, cleanses me, tucks me away sometime to be displayed ...holds me close...when I feel sandblasted, washed, with the cares of the world...I feel humbled that He has chosen me...


Thank YOU...for choosing me, for helping me through the weathering of time....loving me...

Deuteronomy 7:6 For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. 

Ephesians 1:4, 11 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. 
In love In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 

No comments:

Post a Comment