Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Hosea....think on these things...

Hosea...

Just starting a new Bible study on Hosea next week...
Looked up his name meaning, "salvation" or "Jehovah is help" from "All the Men of the Bible"

Hosea was also called the "first prophet of Grace"..which God so pours on us by His love and salvation...in times when we may less than deserving...Hosea shows abundant grace toward his wayward wife, Gomer...such a picture of our Salvation and grace given...

What does Salvation mean?
-access to God
-adoption into the family of God
-forgiveness of sin 
-heavenly citizenship
-inheritance from God 
- peace with God
-righteousness in the sight of God
-becoming a new creation
-deliverance from God's righteous condemnation 
-inner personal renewal
-deliverance from the power of sin and evil
-new birth
-the presence of the Holy Spirit
From "Dictionary of Bible Themes"

I thought that was interesting as we just had a lesson on salvation in Ephesians ...
Ephesians 6:17a Take the helmet of salvation...
A guarding of our minds from the enemy...which Hosea has to do to be obedient to all that God asks of him...

Psalm 37:39-40 The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him. 
Psalm 118:14 The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. 

Hosea, God, salvation, grace, plans...all wrap into the day and my thoughts...they all have a place and fit together...in some order...as He sees fit ...the Jeremiah verses fit Hosea's life just as much as they fit into mine...a hope and future...in times of turmoil...causing us all to seek God with all of hearts...

Thank YOU for the jumble of pieces, words, meanings, verses, to meditate on through out the day...causing me to "think on these things"...and most of all, YOU...your great love...


Verse of the Day---For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment