Monday, November 23, 2020

Gardens along the way...36...leaves...

 Gardens along the way...36... leaves...


My trees are pretty well nude now, in stark contrast to the flourishing green two months ago...the ground is covered with leaves, some wet; others, blowing, twirling in the wind....from dingy browns to yellows, reds...matching the wonderous sunsets and sunrises on our cloudy days...


As I walk or drive around, some yards are meticulously cleared of leaves, others are completely covered, while others are piled waiting for that last jump and tussle into crinkly, dry mounds...the last gift of summer... before the snow flies again, putting all to sleep...


There are those of us who are perfectionists who want the symmetry and organization of a well manicured yard, others who procrastinate raking- hoping upon hope the leaves blow into another’s yard before we get to them, or those of us who are slowly getting to the job between other tasks just as relevant for this time of year...


All of our personalities, time management skills showing again through those pesky brown leaves...needing some kind of attention...sometimes I think like the “born looser” comic strip waiting for that last leaf to fall, other times I am out there shaking the trees, or running my hands up and down the branches pushing those leaves to the ground, “finish your task” so that I can do something else...of course they do it their way...the way God made them to work...not necessarily on my time schedule...but, God’s...


Then I have another lesson on God’s plan versus my own....I have those often...there are so many things I would hurry up or ignore, or whatever...time schedules, personalities, events, outcomes, so they would be more like I want them to be...


But, God’s timing is not mine, nor are his decisions...He Still answers, yes, no or wait...even when I want my way..


He gives strength through each, He is there all the time, He cares and He is just...never lies, always sovereign, all knowing...


Thank YOU...for another lesson in the gardens along the way...


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Joshua 1:9


Then Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 

You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.

Job 42:1-3


You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16:11


Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4

No comments:

Post a Comment