Monday, November 23, 2020

Cozy spot...

 Cozy spot....


My cozy spot is my bed, where I read and write early in the morning...

I have a chair-back pillow that I toss up on my bed when I awaken, pull out my Bible, iPad, iPhone, notes, any Bible lessons I am working on and cozy up...there is not anywhere else like it in the house where I feel this comfortable...The other places are too businesslike, not as comfortable,  too open, too stark, and have work associated with them...my office is for business/sewing/crafts, my kitchen is for cooking/eating...plus, I can take this cozy spot with me wherever I travel...just pile a bunch of pillows up, grab my “needed” accompaniments and I am set....


Where is your cozy spot?


My husband’s was a big chair in the living room. He piled all of his books around him,  added a cup of coffee and he was cozied up.

Friends have a fireplace spot, a special window seat, the kitchen table, an attic hideaway, a studio, a garden bench, a porch swing, a particular couch spot...add a cozy blanket, good light, maybe a cat or dog, maybe a morning sunrise view and we are all set...


I was struck with this as I was reading about Jesus’ prayers...in the garden... although he prayed in many places, just as we all can...he gravitated to the garden, his cozy spot...it is pictured/spoken of in the scriptures ...he took his disciples there...he spoke there, he met others there...he prayed there...


Going to Israel last year, we went to gardens which may or may not have been where He ventured , but they were special spots, twisted, old  trees, rock benches,  views of the city/the sea/hills and mountains, quiet, leaves rustling in the breeze, fresh air...contemplative...cozy, wrap-around-you places...


This morning as I read John 17, I was picturing Jesus in the garden praying for “the people whom you gave me out of the world”...” I am praying for them”, not only the current ones but those who come through their word...what a cozy spot...to be prayed for, known, loved ...( one of my favorite Bible chapters)...


Thank YOU...


I picture this as John’s cozy spot...

One of them, the disciple whom Jesus loved, was reclining next to him.

John 13:23


When he had finished praying, Jesus left with his disciples and crossed the Kidron Valley. On the other side there was a garden, and he and his disciples went into it. Now Judas, who betrayed him, knew the place, because Jesus had often met there with his disciples.

John 18:1-2 


The safest cozy spot...

You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Psalm 139:5-6


See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

Isaiah 49:16 


Psalm 23...

No comments:

Post a Comment