Friday, November 6, 2020

Gardens along the way...35...my mind 2

Gardens along the way...35...my mind 2


Anxiousness, anxiety, fear, unrest, lack of inner/outer peace seem to be reigning right now...

I barely turn on the news ...except to catch the weather forecast...

The Bible study I was doing early this was continuing yesterday’s theme  from Psalm 16...then I opened another devotional and it was a continuation of the same theme, verses to show that God is in control through our fears...


I realized that God has kept my eyes on His word, on Him through and around all the “gardens” this year...instead of looking and living in the anxiousness that this unprecedented year has wrought, we have His “gardens”...His presence, His word which can surround, indwell, speak truth....we have only to seek Him and He may be found...looking at lessons we see around us...what He is trying to tell our hearts in all circumstances...in all of our walks, in the confines of our homes, wherever He has placed us...


When we “think on these things” in Philippians...further into the passage...the outcome can be...not only peace, but contentment in whatever, wherever we are placed...but in His  strength, His abiding...

That is the garden along the way...His presence...

Thank YOU....


Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. 

And the God of peace will be with you. 

I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 

I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:8-13


So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10
 

“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” -1 John 4:18

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” -Psalm 94:19


For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7


Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4


Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.

Proverbs 12:25


34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:34 


Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

1 Peter 5:6-7


say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.”

Isaiah 35:4 


because they all saw him and were terrified. Immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

Mark 6:50 


In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment —to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

Ephesians 1:7-10


https://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/debbie-mcdaniel/33-verses-to-remind-us--we-do-not-have-to-fear.html


IMG_2844.jpg






 

No comments:

Post a Comment