Friday, October 16, 2020

Gardens along the way....31...season’s colors

 Gardens along the way...31...Season’s colors...


And now we come to autumn....

We have walked through spring, summer and now autumn...


The colors of the seasons fill my senses with wonder...the newness and pastels of spring ....the richness of mature greens, crops of all kinds...the changes to autumn and the deepness of reds, yellows, golds, oranges...and finally to earthy browns of all values and tones...winter is not far away with its whites, evergreens, barren gardens and trees...to all be repeated again next year...and each year until such time as this all passes away...


Like an artist’s changing palette...held in the hand of the Almighty Creator...a brush stroke here and there with a standing back...thinking...

 

“God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.....”

Genesis 1:31a


I love the deep richness of autumn, the cool nights, the “just right” temperatures of the days...the wispy clouds...the end of harvest...the preparations for winter...the pumpkin patches...the thankfulness...the colors...


As I thought about this blog, I was wondering about the colors in the Bible and if they had meanings...I found a few...

 But reading the Scriptures, the rainbow, the colors of the Tabernacle, colors of stones for the priests garments, Jacob’s speckled sheep, Joseph’s coat of many colors...to name a few...speak of the importance of color...everything just wasn’t a bland gray or black and white...


And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Genesis 9:12-13,16


Let me go through all your flocks today and remove from them every speckled or spotted sheep, every dark-colored lamb and every spotted or speckled goat. They will be my wages.

Genesis 30:32


Now Israel loved Joseph more than any of his other sons, because he had been born to him in his old age; and he made an ornate robe for him.

Genesis 37:3


Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you. 

Make the tabernacle with ten curtains of finely twisted linen and blue, purple and scarlet yarn, with cherubim woven into them by a skilled worker.

Exodus 25:9,26:1


And look at the colors of people around the world...the skin tones, the variety of eye/hair color...clothing, bright and subdued ...


What is there not to appreciate in color...thank YOU...



Interesting articles...

https://thinkaboutsuchthings.com/biblical-meaning-of-colors/ 


https://www.color-meanings.com/biblical-meaning-colors/#:~:text=%20Other%20colors%20in%20the%20Bible%20and%20their,authority%207%20Purple-%20Priesthood%2C%20Kingship%2C%20Royalty%2C...%20More%20


May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14 

No comments:

Post a Comment