Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Complete...finished...goal...

Complete...finished...goal...


Completed assignments, finished tasks, reached a goal...I thought of these phrases this am as I read Proverbs 24:30-34...haven’t wanted to be known as a sluggard...but one who finishes, completes...reaches a goal...is trusted to fulfill my word or finish...


I went past the field of a sluggard, past the vineyard of someone who has no sense; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. 

I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: 

A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest — and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man.

Proverbs 24:4,30-34 


Watching my children grow into adulthood, learning skills, I was thrilled with each of their accomplishments from those first steps, words, walking into their first classroom day to the days they each finished their schooling in whatever area they excelled...to their chosen professions...still striving...still challenged to move ahead...finish...complete those tasks set before us...from protecting, filming, planning, clearing, building...learning...

My older four grandchildren are reaching into adulthood...learning new skills...paving the way for the younger seven who are quickly moving up the ranks year by year...

The older ones have set the bar pretty high for those coming behind...but I have confidence in each to reach their goals...just as I did their parents and aunts and uncles....


We each have a path set before us...chosen, given, planned by a loving 

Creator...I pray that we finish, complete that path in a worthy manner...finishing well...Thank YOU....


Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:12-14


My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Colossians 2:2-3


The temple was completed on the third day of the month Adar, in the sixth year of the reign of King Darius.

Ezra 6:15 


So the wall was completed on the twenty-fifth of Elul, in fifty-two days.

Nehemiah 6:15


When Moses finished reciting all these words to all Israel, he said to them, “Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. They are not just idle words for you—they are your life. ...”

Deuteronomy 32:45-46


Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

John 19:28-30














 

No comments:

Post a Comment