Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Gardens along the way...23...what am I cultivating...

 Gardens along the way...23...what am I cultivating...



The winter cultivation has already started here in August...as the various crops are harvested, the farmers are starting to turn the ground readying it for winter crops or letting lie dormant for spring planting ...


The farmers are continually busy cultivating....for which I am thankful for their diligence of supply on one hand, but tired of the dust on the other...but the key word seems to be diligence in their labor...


As I walk, I see fields whose lack of care shows in its overgrowth of weeds, spreading to adjacent well kept gardens and fields...

Gardeners as well are harvesting their treasures, watermelons, beans, tomatoes, squash of all shapes and sizes, cucumbers, flowers, peppers and whatever they planted...as well as working the soil in preparation for winter and future gardens...diligence again...


That continuing cultivation in land reminds me of the continuing cultivation I need in mind, body and soul...if I let any area lie dormant or don’t cultivate, there are “weeds” which take over...weight gain, poor health, poor thoughts, all the opposites of fruit of the spirit...my worries increase, my faith decreases, my prayer time vanishes, my joy joyless, my devotional time diminishes, Bible study forfeits...consequently the “weeds” take over and  I become totally unproductive...a blob of oozing nothingness, weedy, needy, merely existing...


I was thinking about this cultivation process or lack thereof...when these two articles passed through my email...they seemed good to share...

Thank YOU...


Test me,  Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

Psalm 26:2-3


You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

Isaiah 26:3-4 


 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

Matthew 22:37 


https://www.crosswalk.com/slideshows/20-psalms-to-read-when-life-is-miserable.html?utm_source=Daily%20Bible%20Living&utm_campaign=Daily%20Bible%20Living%20-%20BibleStudyTools.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=3598387&bcid=de7c98eb98d8de8da5653b6a01801196&recip=538461095%20



https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-study/topical-studies/comforting-psalms-for-when-we-worry.html?utm_source=today%27s+bible+breakout&utm_campaign=today%27s+topical+bible+study+-+biblestudytools.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=3598271&bcid=4d7a6c1066a0a17721d6dca40a605ec2&recip=547334711+

No comments:

Post a Comment