Friday, February 14, 2020

Sit, soak, sour....sit sulk and sour...

Sit,  sulk, sour...

Sit, soak and sour...

I use a sponge for dish washing.  If I let it sit for a time in water, it will sour, or a washcloth in the bathroom without much ventilation, it too will sour...

We had a bathroom once that was not properly ventilated and our wet after-shower towels would turn sour...I had to dry them in the dryer to make sure they dried well.  Finally found a “towel warmer” that would do the trick...(felt so luxurious having warmed towels after a shower, but it really had a duel purpose)...

It is so hard to get that sour  smell out wet items... when not properly dried...

So what does that have to do anything?...

I, too, can sour if I let my attitude sit in places that are not appropriate...if I continuously think on my problems, not getting my way, hold resentments, hold on to anger...and on and on...fill in the blanks..

I need that proper ventilation or sometimes venting...I need the truth of the Spirit, the “warming” of my attitude, the “think on these things”...the letting go and let God...the “thank you” in my vocabulary rather than the “I deserve it”... the “hellos and greetings” to neighbors and strangers... the giving of a smile rather than a frown...

I am ambassador for Christ in whatever I say and do...as are all believers...don’t we have a great God? I need to show it, not hide it away  under a sour outlook...

My current audio book in the car is 
812QxtCjSDL._AC_UY436_QL65_ML3_.jpg
What a delight to hear, ponder, execute...

Today is Valentine’s Day...let His love shine...to those around ....

Thank YOU...

 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 13:34-35

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
2 Corinthians 5:20 

No comments:

Post a Comment