Thursday, February 6, 2020

Pictures and memories....

Pictures and memories...

As I sat in my women’s Bible study yesterday, I was listening to prayers and requests....it took me back over life....I have been going through our family albums of pictures, purging, sorting...

As I sat there, I was impressed with the prayers of not only this group, but of years of prayers I have joined in various of groups...godly men and women who have been a part of my life...who have encouraged me, whom I have encouraged, encountered in many places...both far away, and near...around the world and next door...these pictures weren’t in my albums...but in my memories...

I have said in previous blogs how much I appreciated having these people in my life...

As our world has gotten smaller, it seems, instant communication, quick transportation, we still need those wonderful people to stand by us in prayer, encouragement...

I had wonderful sets of grandparents, parents, friends, family, a wonderful faithful husband, four children who have great kids...oh, there were bumps in the road, some huge...some small...but there were always praying friends and family...those who cared, stood or sat by...

Thank YOU....

 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
Proverbs 12:26 


One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice. 
Do not forsake your friend or a friend of your family,....
Proverbs 27:9-10a

But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
Jude 1:20-21

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:3-6 

No comments:

Post a Comment