Sunday, September 8, 2019

Neon lights...LED lights...

Neon lights....LED lights...

No matter how many  times I read through the Bible, i learn new things...new phases, ideas, teachings stand out ...not that they haven’t been there before...just this or that time they stand out like Neon signs  or now LED signs/lights...blinking or bolded like “see me, this is important, here is the lesson for today “. Then I have to meditate or contemplate, consider, ponder...or stop, look, listen as we learned in school...

 David pleads...
“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. 
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Rescue me from my enemies,  Lord, for I hide myself in you. 
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Psalm 143:8-10


Paul admonishes...
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Ephesians 6:17
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 

There are times when, I admit in my rebellious nature, that I don’t want to be taught and admonished...I want my way...but the Spirt won’t let go...and I am in despair at being disobedient ...deep in my soul, i really want that teaching, that correcting...that training in righteousness so that I come forth equipped for God’s glory, his work...prepared for me...not missing the blessings he may have...

So when those “neon or LED lights” or whatever God uses to teach or highlight in the Word, I need to heed...thank YOU yet again and again...may I be found teachable...

No comments:

Post a Comment