Sunday, April 8, 2018

Bursting....

Bursting....

My fruit trees are starting to bloom and it has even been warm enough for the bees to be out buzzing busily in and around the blooms....first the peach and nectarine trees and now the pear trees, with the apple trees to come later , I hope...

These trees were just planted last fall when I moved into this new home.  In my last home I planted fruit trees as well as they had produced two years of harvest...a gift to the present occupiers...

Now, I have a line of trees picked out and ready to plant in my next home...

The landscaper asked, "why not pull out last year's trees and take them with me"?  But, to me it is a gift to leave behind...something beautiful and productive as well...something that shows hope for the new year...new fruit and growth...growing in stature with each season...

So I look out my windows and see spring flowers sprinkled amongst the flowering trees and see a new season....oh, there are weeds peeking out as well, needing attention...

Like life, the growth, the hope of things to come, the weeds to pull...new seasons of life...new springs after the winters...new adventures...new songs to sing...new lessons to learn...thank YOU that speak into our lives, Your living Word...revealing more of yourself...teaching more to our lives...transforming if we are willing...giving the joy of growth and producing your fruit into our beings...

For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.
Isaiah 61:11

So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul — then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil.
I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.
Deuteronomy 11:13-15

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment