Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Blessing boxes...

Blessing boxes...

My local library has a craft night each month except January. this month, December they had two to make up for the January break. The first one was a felt Rudolph ornament with a LED blinking light nose and the second class is a "blessing box".

Above my headboard of my bed, I decorated the wall with vinyl words, "grateful, thankful, blessed" to remind me each day to "think on these things".  So the blessings box caught my eye as something to do as another reminder...

But, as I looked up "blessing box" ideas, I found another dimension....blessing boxes, bags to give away instead of keeping or watching for...lists of ideas to fill bags, containers  to hand out to the less fortunate...or patterns for street side cupboards to bless those around you...with games, food stuffs, sharing libraries...a much broader take of the small blessing boxes we are making...all to bless others...giving out in a giving time of the year...blessing others...

Thank YOU that you blessed the World with the greatest Gift of all, your Son...in whom you were pleased...help me to give as you have blessed me...freely...help me to discern the best giving, and the blessings to give...


Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15

Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
Psalm 103:1-2

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10


http://www.coolestone.com/media/18370/TOP-15-INCREDIBLE-ACTS-OF-COMPASSION/#.WkOOG-tHaK0

blessing cards to give to others...
 https://allthingswithpurpose.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/YOU-MATTER.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment