Tuesday, July 4, 2017

The saga of the Young life jacket across the years and miles...

The saga of The Young life jacket across the years and miles...

Several years ago, we were given Young Life  jackets, vests and water bottles.  My husband received  a blue fleece jacket which, as we were sorting  and moving after his death went back to the Young leader...whose husband took it.

They have since moved as well and it went with them to Florida. As they were preparing to go to Columbia recently, he felt compelled to take that jacket to give to another.....(now, we have to realize that due to my husband's long arms the size was XL... ). Columbian people are smaller in stature. I feel tall around them and I am only 5'5". So finding someone to fit this jacket was by prayer...

So the jacket was prayed over... Who to give it to...

Young life camp was held in Columbia and very much fun was had by all...kids were receptive, appreciative...as well as the adults....
A couple who lived in another part of the country came to watch and observe.  He is a pastor and leader...Teaches in young life every week in his area at a nondenominational Christian school...
He and his wife rode the bus for two hours to come to this camp to watch...

The jacket was for him...

Isn't God good...he brought all the times, people, miles together to give this jacket to this particular man...and he was blessed...
I look at the picture and I see my husband's smile...he would get  joy seeing that...as did we all...how God delights in giving good gifts... Surprising us with joy in far away places...

Thank YOU...the creator of Joy, planner of our times, prayer answerer...

Matthew 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Philippians 4:17-19 Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account. I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

John 14:13-14 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment