Friday, October 21, 2016

Confetti....

Confetti....

This time of year as you wander through the streets, it has the feel of driving after a huge ticker tape parade...the leaves have blown into piles, swirling around, first here then there...some diligent souls have even raked, bagged and tossed some away.

But the piles are vivid greens, yellows, reds, purples, oranges and browns....the trees are becoming more bare as each day passes or storm winds blow...some already stand in stark nakedness foreshadowing the winter to come...even while we enjoy the colors of fall...

Seasons....each so different and having its own beauty...

In 2 Timothy, Paul is writing from his last season of earthly life exhorting Timothy, a much younger leader in his younger season...the wisdom of the elder encouraging the growth of the younger...the beauty of the fall and winter giving over to the vivaciousness  of spring and summer...

2 Timothy 2:1-2 2 Timothy 4:2, 5-7 2 Timothy 3:14-15 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

I don't really know what season I am in, fall or winter, but it is a reminder to let God's beauty shine to those coming behind me..mentoring in a away that God has for me...season after season...

Thank YOU...for your Word, your encouragement, your love...

No comments:

Post a Comment