Monday, September 30, 2024

Todays the day…

  Today’s the day…..


I awakened this morning knowing I was to write today….with all of the medications, procedures, Physical Therapy, hospital stay, rehab stay ( I am still in rehab waiting for wound healing). It has been hard to write…even when I had ideas running to and fro in my head/heart…so many meditations tend to play havoc with concentration, thinking or drowsiness, it is hard to read or write very much…I was able to read a book this week which was a milestone…have been able to read a verse or two and then that is about it…

So if you are headed for major surgery or even minor, this is one thing to expect…


This sojourn was not expected, in “my” plans for my life…neither was cancer this year…I was well and healthy, going on with an active life…then a change of path…God knew… I was going to live forever…


Sin comes in all shapes and sizes, quietly , noisily, and 

God showed me one of mine…Pride of good health…I walked, went to the pool, travelled ….just plain lived an active life…and was PROUD of it…

He kept bringing me back to this set of verses in Luke…


“To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 

The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ “

But, the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Luke.18.9-14”


What lessons we gain lying in bed staring at the ceiling day after day…knowing that and thankful for people from All over the world are praying for your healing and health…not knowing that they are part of healing heart as well…

God Moves…


You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Eph.4.22-24


Thank YOU…and thank you for all the prayers, cards, letters, phone calls, time each of you have put into my life…blessings…


This is soooo worthy of listening to….it confirmed, “today’s the day”… 

A living sacrifice…Pastor Brett Seigalkoff, September 29, 2024….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBXaEUNZoP4


Oh , sinner….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ9gTTv25-s


A living sacrifice…


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XyU3rqyG4IU

No comments:

Post a Comment