Monday, July 8, 2024

Comfort verses 10…icechips

 Comfort verses 10…ice chips


My Five-Star 24/7 menu while here at hospital is cups and cups of ice chips…the doctors are turning my insides off, collecting buckets of infection all the while giving me bags of various drugs to heal…my medical pole looks like a laundry line on a sunny day…


Those ice chips as absolutely wonderful…they sooth my dry throat, lubricate my lips and just take good…I can pretend they are any flavor, but mostly I just enjoy them hour after hour…will never take them for granted again…a little/big gift in the midst of this health crisis…


It reminded me of Jesus talking about a cup of cold water given in His name…it was important, the kindness, the care….


On the opposite side, the rich begged Abraham fro send Lazarus with but a drop to cool his tongue from agony of the fire…no reprieve from the choices he had made while he was on earth…


I think I would much rather have the former water…that given in Jesus name ….


Thank YOU….


And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”

Matt.10.42


 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’” Luke 16.19-31


Then your light will break forth like the dawn,

and your healing will quickly appear;

then your righteousness will go before you,

and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

Isa.58.


As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.psalm 18:30


“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18 NIV).


"Lord, I thank You that You are the God of the impossible. You can do anything. I want to trust in Your ability and not my own. Teach me to see difficulties in my life from Your perspective. Help me to focus on You and Your power. Today I bring before You this difficulty in my life [Name a hard situation you are right now facing]. Help me not to fear but to trust You in this situation. I declare my faith in Your ability to fulfill Your promises to me. I have nothing to fear with You on my side. I will be strong and courageous even in hard times. I will not be terrified or discouraged, for the Lord my God will be with me wherever I go (Joshua 1:9). You will never leave me or forsake me (Joshua 1:5). I do not need to figure everything out. You already know the best plan for my life. I will not try any man-made method to do only what You can do. Show me Your supernatural power. Teach me how to walk by faith and pray breakthrough prayers. I choose to have faith in Your ability to break through every obstacle in my life. Amen." 


John 14:27 - “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”


 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

2Thess.3.3


“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance” (James 1:2-3 NIV).



Cups of cold water…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq97GyO_zpI



No comments:

Post a Comment