Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Signet rings and seals…chosen…

 Signet rings and seals…chosen…


I was reading through the book of Haggai. At the end, he refers to a “signet ring”… 

I found I needed to follow that through …what a blessing… am just sharing scripture in this so that whoever reads this will be blessed as I was…


On that day, declares the Lord of hosts, I will take you, O Zerubbabel my servant, the son of Shealtiel, declares the Lord, and make you like a signet ring, for I have chosen you, declares the Lord of hosts.”

Haggai 2:23



“Zerubbabel was to become a “signet ring.” The “Signet ring” was engraved with the owner’s name or a design to identify his authority. It was used to attest to the authority of royal messages who carried papers stamped by the image on the ring (see 1 Kings 21:8). It was also used to mark precious articles. It proved ownership. The signet ring was always carried by its owner and worn on the right hand (see Jeremiah 22:24). It was an inseparable and valuable possession. This is what God declared Zerubbabel to be.” From Geneva institute of Reformed Studies…



“For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

Deuteronomy 7:6


Then Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen the Lord, to serve him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.”

Joshua 24:22


For the Lord has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his dwelling place: “This is my resting place forever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it. I will abundantly bless her provisions; I will satisfy her poor with bread. Her priests I will clothe with salvation, and her saints will shout for joy. There I will make a horn to sprout for David; I have prepared a lamp for my anointed. His enemies I will clothe with shame, but on him his crown will shine.”

Psalm 132:13-18


But you may write as you please with regard to the Jews, in the name of the king, and seal it with the king's ring, for an edict written in the name of the king and sealed with the king's ring cannot be revoked.”

Esther 8:8


Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations.

Isaiah 42:1


And a stone was brought and laid on the mouth of the den, and the king sealed it with his own signet and with the signet of his lords, that nothing might be changed concerning Daniel.

Daniel 6:17


Whoever receives his testimony sets his seal to this, that God is true. For he whom God has sent utters the words of God, for he gives the Spirit without measure. The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand.

John 3:33-35 


27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.”

John 6:27


And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22


In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,  to the praise of his glory. 

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Ephesians 1:13-14,4:30


But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

2 Timothy 2:19


Thank YOU that we are precious, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, we are redeemed, given to the Father….chosen…

No comments:

Post a Comment