Thursday, November 11, 2021

I will go…

 


I will go….


Three simple words spoken by a young woman ages ago, leaving the comforts of home with a stranger, moving to an unknown land, to marry an unknown man…obedience…to join in the lineage of the Messiah…


Decisions we make may have lasting effects…just looking down through the ages at people who were obedient to God’s call…and I know I left some out…they heard and obeyed…some questioned …but obeyed…


Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him.

Genesis 6:22 


Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. 

So Abram went, as the Lord had told him, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran.

Genesis 12:1,4


Then Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; I and the boy will go over there and worship and come again to you.”

Genesis 22:5 


And they called Rebekah and said to her, “Will you go with this man?” She said, “I will go.”

Genesis 24:58 


Exodus,  Moses and Aaron obeying what God has commanded…


Deuteronomy 28…blessings of obedience… cursings of disobedience…


Gideon…Samuel, David…Solomon, Esther, Ezra, Nehemiah, 


And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Isaiah 6:8 


Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” 

But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord.” 

Then the Lord put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me, “Behold, I have put my words in your mouth. See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.” 

They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, declares the Lord, to deliver you.”

Jeremiah 1:4-5,7-10,19 


Each of the prophets…


Mary, mother of Jesus…Joseph, 


When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife,

Matthew 1:24


And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

Luke 1:38 


The disciples…


As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, “Follow me.” And he rose and followed him.

Matthew 9:9


While walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon (who is called Peter) and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen. And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Immediately they left their nets and followed him. And going on from there he saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and he called them. Immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

Matthew 4:18-22


Paul…Ananias, Peter, Cornelius…


Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”

Acts 9:10 


 But the greatest obedience…Jesus…


Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,  being born in the likeness of men. 

And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:5-11 


As believers now, we have the Holy Spirit to guide, to call, to speak truth…do I listen and obey, do I question, do I rely on His Word to my heart and soul…how fast is my obedience….


26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 14:26 


13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

John 16:13-15 


Do I readily say, “ I will go”? Or “here am I”?  What level is my obedience? My attitude?….


Thank YOU for the reminder, the truth spoken in Your Word…


No comments:

Post a Comment