Thursday, October 21, 2021

Joints and marrow…

 Joints and marrow…


After my husband passed away, I spent a bit of time at the orthopedic doctors…having X-rays, cortisone shots in knees, heels, ankles and hands, as well as surgery on one hand remaking a thumb joint…these areas still are reminder of those visits as they flare continually …all from caring for, stress and lifting him during his last earthly days…

I would watch a screen showing the routes of the needles as they moved around, finding just the right spots to inject the medications…was so interesting and a good distraction from the pain they inflicted at the time…some so tiny it was hard to penetrate…


This verse reminded me of those days … 


For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Hebrews 4:12-13


 -alive…

-active…

-sharper than any double-edged sword..

penetrates even to dividing the soul and spirit, joints and marrow…

Judges the thoughts 

Judges the attitude…of the heart…

God’s word is so much more than those needles for medication…medications are just a temporary fix…they give help for awhile and wear off…needing to be repeated periodically with the need of another injection, for which I am grateful…


 But, the Word is eternal, alive, active, teaching…penetrating our hearts, souls and minds…teaching truth, convicting…transforming….reaching deep…finding all…uncovering all…laying bare before Him…deeper than any screen I watched…the Word is more than just another shot…it is always working, never getting old, or wearing out or needing changed…it is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow…applicable…


In Psalm 119,  David  speaks over and over again about the Word…what is does..how it works… 

A few from those writings…

Cause me to understand the way of your precepts, that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds. 

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me and teach me your law. 

Teach me,  Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. 

Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. 

Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. 

I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise. 

Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands. Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.

Psalm 119:27-29,33-35,43,58,66,89


Paul wrote…

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Romans 12:2


And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:18


The Word made flesh..

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

John 1:1-5 


Thank YOU that we have your written Word…that Jesus came as the Word, walking amongst the people…living the Word …He fulfilled the Word…and that He can live within our hearts….as well as the universe…


I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”

Psalm 40:8 






No comments:

Post a Comment