Thursday, June 10, 2021

Thoughts....

 Thoughts....


Still reading through the Psalms, the word “thoughts” kept jumping off the pages...so looked it up and found a list of other places it was found...

The following are a few of the selections....


The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

Genesis 6:5


Lord, the God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep these desires and thoughts in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you.

1 Chronicles 29:18


In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

Psalm 10:4


How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Psalm 13:2 


How great are your works,  Lord, how profound your thoughts!

Psalm 92:5


You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

Psalm 139:2


 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24 


Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Proverbs 1:23 


The Lord detests the thoughts of the wicked, but gracious words are pure in his sight.

Proverbs 15:26


Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. 

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. 

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:7-9


He who forms the mountains, who creates the wind, and who reveals his thoughts to mankind, who turns dawn to darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth — the Lord God Almighty is his name.

Amos 4:13 


Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?

Matthew 9:4


For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:11


Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Philippians 4:8 


Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.

Hebrews 3:1 


For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12


In the Old Testament, it talks about God knows our thoughts, then in the new, that Jesus knew their thoughts...the word judges our thoughts...

All through the Bible, God reveals his thoughts...where to fix our thoughts and what think on ....


It is so easy to drawn away from these thoughts, to the distractions, the drama, the worldly events instead of focusing our hearts on what God has for us...


Thank YOU for Your thoughts....











No comments:

Post a Comment