Saturday, May 29, 2021

Out of context?.....

 Out of context...?...


I had the opportunity to visit one of our nation’s great hospitals again on this trip...last time in Boston and this time, Denver.


Here is a shout out to all the wonderful, hardworking, overworked medical, security, bookkeeping, first responders, police, cleaners, etc., etc. personnel of these lifesaving institutions....your patience in the face of every kind of emergency situation is far above what I could ever imagine...When I had the opportunity to visit the Massachusetts General hospital, it was pre-COVID, and with this pandemic it has added a whole new level  to everything from checking in to spacing....thank  you for your services in all that you do...


As I was reading later , still in the book of Psalms, after my newest foray to an emergency room, I had to chuckle at the way we can take verses out of context...it make them fit our situation or not...


“Truly, you put them on a slippery path and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction.”

Psalm 73:18 


“My life is poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart is like wax, melting within me.”

Psalm 22:14


I did however appreciate the following verses...


The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. 

For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken! 

But the Lord will redeem those who serve him. No one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Psalm 34:19-20,22


No bones were broken this time ( was soooo thankful)...just deep bone bruises and pulled muscles...from someone’s litter left on the sidewalk...

Just ice packs, soft pillows and pain killers...none of which were readily available when these verses were written...


I so love how God speaks to us in various situations....thank YOU.....and adds beautiful scenery along the way with His sunsets and sunrises.....gardens and gardens of fragrant roses....



No comments:

Post a Comment