Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Spring....


Spring....

This  devotional caught my eye recently....and it was worth sharing....the joy of waiting, discovery, beauty, hard work, patience, little eyes....


“How to Biblically Celebrate New Life in the Spring
Bible / Bible Study / Topical Studies / How to Biblically Celebrate New Life in the Spring
 Share Tweet Save
April Motl

 Wednesday, April 11, 2018
“Daffodils!!! Momma look! Daffodils!” These words have been ringing out loudly in our car the last few weeks from my little three year old son.

Last Fall, he and I planted 150 bulbs. I told him we would have to wait and then in a few months we would have a beautiful surprise! It was a lot of work. We have ground that is very rocky, and where it isn’t rocky, it’s clay. I was just hoping the gophers wouldn’t steal our labors when we finally got them all in - and that those bulbs would actually deliver on what I’d promised!

He couldn’t quite fathom “months” to wait for them to grow and so when he'd go look for some sign of life where we toiled, he was a bit unimpressed, for quite some time. When those bulbs eventually sprouted their little green tops about a month ago, I ran inside to get him and show him they were finally growing up. They didn’t look like much. He wasn’t that thrilled.

But once the driveway was lined with smiling yellow flowers that he helped plant, he was very proud and has been more than a little excited. And he also began loudly and urgently pointing out all the other daffodils along the roadside ever since, as if some how he knows and celebrates the work and waiting that went into those flowers too.

Our little daffodil planting taught him a small, but valuable lesson. Life is precious! It takes work and it takes patience.

O LORD, how many are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all; The earth is full of Your possessions. Psalm 104:24”

Last year I too planted a bunch of trees, bulbs, bushes in my new yard...after a long winter, it was with rejoicing, I saw new little leaves poke through the mulched ground to delight us with blooms of various colors...then the trees bloomed to begin their eventual harvest of promised fruit...I showed one of my 4 year old grandsons around the yard, my daughter even took videos to send me as I travelled...

But, as I was traveling, in a foreign land, Israel, I found a vast array of new flowers as well.  They had had an abundant rainfall this spring, so the hills and valleys were covered with flowers of all kinds amid tall grasses, blooming trees and bushes...I was blessed to be amongst the beauty of a new spring at home and abroad...thank YOU for the gift of seasons....the beauty of the array colors and variety...

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds. ” And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning —the third day.

Genesis 1:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment