Sunday, August 27, 2017

Learning to stand...

Learning to stand...


http://www.coolestone.com/media/17604/Funny-Baby-Animals-Walking-for-the-First-Time-2017/#.WaKsD-tHaK0

As I watched this video early this morning, I just wanted to jump in and help each little baby to get up, hold them them while they were learning to take each awkward step....I felt my mind and body moving to urge and support each movement to make it easier ....just I like I did when my children were learning to walk many years ago...or the butterfly to emerge from its cocoon, or the baby chicks pecking their way out of the shells....

But, the fact is that without the struggles, the learning is incomplete...if I had Christmas everyday, it wouldn't be special and I wouldn't appreciate it...

As a parent, I wanted to hold my babies hand all the time to help them walk, but if I did that, they wouldn't learn to walk by themselves...

Just as we have tests and trials, we have to trust that each one is designed to mature us as we go through each...even when we may want to just sit and not walk through them or avoid the pain...

I don't like trials, pain and sometimes learning new things...a new schedule,  a new routine or a new normal way of life...I want the comfort of the comfortable ...but that doesn't always happen....but usually, when I get through it, there is a blessing to be had, a thankful heart for it...thank YOU that you go through each "new" with me...always near....

James 1:4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Jeremiah 6:16a This is what the Lord says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.....

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.







No comments:

Post a Comment