Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Caring..

Caring...

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=7641

I matched this short video early this morning...touched...

It can be taken so many ways...hunger, caring for one another, etc....
It is a world wide, cross culture picture of emptiness...whether physically, emotionally, spiritually...and many of us have the means, the heart, the calling to share...a simple gift of food, shelter, the Word, care...

I see it at church with food donations, backpacks for children, school supplies, clothing, foster care, Christmas child boxes, etc...

We see it in the community with shelters, food, medical and legal help, etc.

I see it in myself...I come before God so empty at times...and he fills me with his Word, his truth, his love and compassion, his enthusiasm for life, his peace...thank YOU...

 Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Luke 12:48b....From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Ephesians 4:28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

Psalm 65:4 Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Ephesians 5:18-20 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Old song...

"Fill my cup
Like the woman at the well I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy; 
And then I heard my Savior speaking:
"Draw from my well that never shall run dry".

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord! 
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul; 
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more 
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole! 

There are millions in this world who are craving
The pleasures earthly things afford; 
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord! 
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul; 
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more 
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole! 

So, my neighbor, if the things this world gave you
Leave hungers that won't pass away, 
My blessed Lord will come and save you, 
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray:

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord! 
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul; 
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more 
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

No comments:

Post a Comment