Flood waters…
Some verses get really personal really fast…not that they all aren’t…but circumstances bring different ones to mind and heart at different times…
The following got really personal last night…one of my grandsons, 12 years, went on an adventure with a friend, crossing a shallow creek for part of it…when they came back to return, it was a torrent from flash flooding in the area..the friend made it across, but my grandson was swept downstream…catching a boulder, he climbed on and sat until rescued late last night…it gives my chills and tears just thinking about it…had prayed that he would sit and stay until help came and he did…thank YOU…
Psalm 68:9 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
who daily bears our burdens.
20 Our God is a God who saves;
from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death.
Palm 69:2 I sink in the miry depths,
where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters;
the floods engulf me.
15 Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me.
16 Answer me, Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me.
Palm 91: 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
Isaiah 43:1 but now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
4a Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you,
I watched this grandson being born and wasn’t quite ready to let him go…God has such a great plan for him as he does for us all…but, he has lessons for us to learn along the way as well…
Thank YOU….
You are my hiding place….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVC6rfX3Z8
No comments:
Post a Comment