Saturday, September 23, 2017

Darkened clouds...

Darkened clouds...

Yesterday as I white-knuckled the drive to the local airport in the dark, pouring rain in 4-5 lanes of traffic with thousands of other commuters, I prayed, "please help me drive safely as well as those others on the road." I only saw two accidents on the commute, neither of which looked too serious...
I arrived at the airport, parked, took a picture of which parking structure I was in (there are more than one connecting ones) and made my way into the terminal, checked in, went through security (love that TSA precheck) and started walking...and walking....and walking...(that is how I spend my extra time in the terminal, walking)..

Finally, my flight was called as I looked out seeing the black sky surrounding the area as the light of day began...that meant we had to fly into and hopefully through those black rainy clouds, ugh...

We did....kind of bumpy, but livable...and on the other side, the sun shone brilliantly, the sky was beautiful blue until we had to descend again into the storm at the next airport...and that happened at each stop... Up into the clouds, blue sky/sun and back down into the storms...

There are days like that, even months or years, stormy/black on the downside, but the sun and blue sky on upside...we long for the warm sunny days with no storm clouds...no life problems, just cheeriness and good...but the storms come, sometimes relentlessly...sometimes a quick one...

It reminded me of Psalm 23..."thou art with me"...
Or "low, I am with you"... Through the storms, through the cloudless days...always...thank YOU...

Psalm 23:1-6 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment