Cancer center…various views…
The first time i had to go to the cancer center for an infusion, I was shaking, I was so filled with anxiety…then all of the sudden such a peace settled in around and in me, that I was okay and faced those various needles, plastic packages of meds, sat down in the recliner and let them do their thing…the after effects weren’t so hot, but, we were fighting cancer…for that instance the phrase “ no pain , no gain” was applicable…
Each time I go there I observe the people…we sit the required distance between us, hoping not to get another bug, so visiting is hard…I would love to hear their stories, bit for reason we don’t share much…but we probably all view the center differently…
I was reading a short summary of the comparison of the four gospels this morning…all of them center on Jesus, but they see him through their own eyes, experiences….and how God want them to write…
Jesus is…
Matthew-the promised King..
Mark-the Servant oof God..
Luke-the Son of Man…
John-the Son of God…
Themes….
Matthew-Jesus is the Messiah …
Mark-Jesus backed up his words with action…
Luke-Jesus was God but also fully human…
John-Belief in Jesus was required for salvation l..
Emphasis…
Matthew-Jesus’ sermons and words…
Mark-Jesus’ miracles and actions…
Luke-Jesus’ humanity…
John-the principles of Jesus’ teaching…
Bible study notes…
Those disciples were no different from us…they viewed Jesus from different angles…I have a favorite book, favorite verses because they speak particularly to me…I am drawn to various people for various reasons, not that I don’t see others or am against others, but, certain traits speak to my own heart…
But, the whole Bible, the whole group of Gospels is put there for all of us to feed upon…
Thank YOU….
God of my days..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkZE8AogDE
No comments:
Post a Comment